Finland, Helsinki Mission

Finland, Helsinki Mission
Finland, Helsinki Mission

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The temple, Mission Tour, and an incredible investigator

Helsinki Finland Temple

We got to go to the Helsinki temple last week, and it was soooooo good! I miss it so much. We have to go like a thousand times when I get home.
Last week we had a Mission Tour as well. This is where all the missionaries in my zone (Helsinki and East zone) came together and had a meeting with Elder Johnson and Elder Sabin who are the first and second counselors of our Area Presidency and their wives. All of my MTC group (besides Sister Margetts) were reunited at the mission tour! It was so great! What awesome missionaries they all are. We couldn’t believe it has almost been 6 months since the MTC.

This is what Sister Margetts said in her weekly email: "We had an incredible mission tour, and here's a picture of me and all my friends from my MTC group... oh wait, all of my group are in Helsinki and the East zone."




Sister Margetts, alone at her Mission Tour



A cool thing happened that happened to us this week is that Sister Nelson and I were riding a train to get to a lesson and we got off to switch trains and walked up to this man that was there standing there to talk to him. He looked at us and immediately said, “Yes. I am interested. Here is my phone number, and when can we meet?” He then proceeded to tell us that he lives by us and has seen us on the bus and has wondered about our church. He told us that since 2007 he has been searching for the truth fro God and he wanted to know what we had to say. He then called us later that same day to set up an appointment with us. We couldn’t meet with him until Monday, but he said would come to church to see what it was like. In church they taught about temples and family history and he loved it. He said he has been looking for a church that could help his grandparents because it never felt right to him that nothing could be done to help them. The lesson went well yesterday and he is preparing to baptized on the 8th of October. Miracles happen every day! I feel so blessed to see how the Lord works. It’s amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment