Finland, Helsinki Mission

Finland, Helsinki Mission
Finland, Helsinki Mission

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

General Conference was awesome!!


My week has been awesome. I finally feel like I am adjusting and this feels like home.  The work is good.  I love every day. We have been working with a few investigators, but the privacy laws in Finland are really strict, so I can’t tell you their names. We have two investigators right now and one we teach in Finnish and the other in English. One of them really believes in Christ, and Christ gives him hope, which is amazing. We will be extending a baptismal invitation to him tonight. The other investigator has no knowledge of God and has a ton of awesome questions. He wants to know for a surety and I can tell his soul is searching for something more and for a purpose. It’s fun to teach in English because I feel I contribute, but the Finnish will come too.

General Conference was awesome!! It was really surreal for me to think about how I was watching the morning session live at 1900 here and you were watching it live at 1000 at home. But it was cool cause we were watching it together :) I still haven’t seen the last session, but I will hopefully get to see it next week. Next week we have interim which is like another training for new missionaries. Sister Kokkonen and I ( and everyone from my MTC group) will go to the mission home from Monday until Friday. We will do some training and eat a lot of awesome Sister Watson food and go to the temple and hopefully watch conference.

I have started keeping a separate journal for the things that I am grateful for. I have loved sitting down at night and reflecting on our day and seeing how glorious and blessed it was. It’s amazing!


Selfie with Sisar Margetts at Zone Conference in Tampere. She is serving with Sisar  McAllister in Lahti.  



(1st picture) Tampere sisters at General Conference. The sister training leaders are in our district and so are the Zone Leaders so we all got to watch conference together at the chapel.

(2nd picture) Sunset in Tampere. I love the clouds here in Finland. By the way, you say Tampere tom-per(rolled r)-e (like the e in end)






1 comment:

  1. Loving all the updates!!! I'm so glad she is living it and has such a positive attitude! Impressive and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete